Types of Senior Care Services

Home Care

Home Care is health care services provided in a person’s home and depending on needs may also include help with personal activities such as laundry, shopping, cooking and cleaning.

Independent Living

Independent living facilities offer independent housing for fully functional residents in a community setting where meals may be shared or other social activities provided,

Assisted Living (Residential Housing for the Aged RHA)

Assisted living facilities provide 24-hour services for seniors who require assistance with one or more daily activities of living but who do not need skilled nursing care.  Residents often live in their own room or apartment within a building and typically share meals and social activities.  Services vary by facility.

Intermediate Nursing Care

An intermediate nursing care facility provides custodial and intermediate care for seniors.  Custodial care is non-medical care that includes 24-hour supervision as well as assistance with personal needs such as eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and mobility.  Intermediate care facilities are licensed by states to provide basic medical care under the supervision of a registered nurse.

Memory Care

Memory care is specialized care that is specifically designed to serve residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia.  Facilities that specialize in memory care provide a safe and physically secured environment.  They may operate as a stand-alone facility or as part of a larger senior care community.

Skilled Rehabilitative Care

A skilled nursing facility has the staff and equipment to provide skilled nursing care and / or skilled rehabilitative services and other related health services.  Skilled nursing facilities are often used for short-term rehabilitation after a hospital discharge.

Respite Care

Some nursing homes facilities provide respite care. Respite care is short-term or temporary inpatient care services provided to give the primary caregiver a break.

  • Schedule a tour or
    request information


    or fill out the form below